RV across Canada for an epic adventure that will leave you with a lifetime of memories. Canada is the world’s 2nd largest country, with an area mass of almost 10 000 million km²! Which means, there’s lots to explore on your RV adventure. From giant mountain ranges, vast prairies, busy cities, pristine beaches, and beautiful countryside, adventures are waiting for you all along the way! RV across Canada and have the time of your life with these Hot tips!
With 10 provinces and 3 territories, your options are endless! Here are tips to ensure you see everything on your Canada bucket list:
- Get a general idea of the distance between your desired stops on MapQuest. Hot tip: take the total number of km and divide by the number of days and voila! You can get a good estimate of how many hours you want to drive each day.
- Check out the Trans-Canada Highway. Spanning from Victoria BC to St John’s Newfoundland, it is the world’s longest national highway. A whopping 7 821 km in length!
Remember, keep some flexibility in case you want a day off from driving, come across bad weather or find that absolutely perfect place that you just aren’t ready to leave.
Things to Pack
- Paper Map: there will be places on your road trip where you won’t have reception. Hot Tip: there are great backcountry road maps from BRMB if you plan on doing any hiking, find conservation areas and other natural highlights.
- Bug Spray: unless you are going across Canada in the winter at one point or another you will be very grateful you packed this! Hot Tip: Unless you are going on a winter adventure, an RV trip across Canada is ideal in the Summer or Fall months.
While on your Epic Adventure
- Keep gas tank over half full: Just in case you hit road closures, a detour, or even if you get lost you don’t want to run out of gas. Hot Tip: There can be big stretches of highway without and fuel services, watch for the signs that will advise you how many km to the next services.
- Drive during the day: With winding mountainous roads and plenty of wildlife, you are better off driving during the day. Also, you don’t want to miss the spectacular sights!
- Check the weather: If a storm is rolling into your planned destination you may want to stay where you are. There is no need to rush on your road trip or drive in unpleasant conditions.
- Check out the Trans Canada Highway Webcams to see the state of the road.
- Consider a camera dash to capture that epic scenery along the way
- You can get a short term Fishing license, all the info for how in each province is here.
Enjoy the stunning scenery, culture, attractions and the vastness of a road trip across Canada. With these hot tips, you can plan an epic RV adventure across Canada.